iHerb is the world’s largest international distributor of health supplements. With a workforce as diverse as the global population it serves, the company partnered with SPLICE to proactively implement a plan to attract and retain engaged employees across three core divisions: Corporate, Technology, and Warehouse.
Through focus groups and employee surveys, SPLICE created a data-derived Employer Value Proposition with an actionable strategy, including a creative plan, digital content, and key metrics for ongoing employer brand development.
Employer Value Proposition
Career Site Content
- The data collection process uncovered that 41% of employees were planning to leave the company in four years, suggesting that retention might be an issue in the near future.
- Employees indicated that the company career site and new employee orientation could be improved.
- There were discrepancies between the perceptions of corporate culture between California facility locations.
iHerb’s broad goal was to develop a clear employer brand through digital media, internal engagement, and a positive candidate experience. Our strategy included:
- Dynamic messaging and media that promoted:
- Growth (career, office)
- Technology (fast pace, always evolving)
- Global impact (charity, giving, social responsibility)
- People (benefits, incentives)
- Internal and external recruitment marketing campaigns
- Fresh video and photography to update career site and other platforms
- Highlighting long-term incentives, key benefits and work balance
- Sharing testimonials of employees from key areas (Corporate, Warehouse, Technology)
- A review site strategy to increase positive ratings
We decipher challenges, inspire innovation, and
foster personal development in an exciting and
constantly evolving workplace environment.
Just as we were wrapping up our video shoots with iHerb, the COVID-19 pandemic turned the world upside down. iHerb responded quickly and placed strict safety measures in place to protect the health of all employees. Unfortunately, this impacted the overall strategy execution. However, due to the parts and pieces that were implemented, the Glassdoor rating started at 2.6 and increased to a 4.2 over 12 months.
Hiring humans? Let's chat. Drop your details below to start a conversation.
All good stuff. We promise.